Monday 7 January 2013

Happy New Year Everyone



They say the Egyptians invented writing so as they could collect taxes.After a morning down the council I realise nothing's changed.
I get a letter that appears very reasonable even doing me a favour blaa blaa blaa.
Then right at the bottom how much a week they'l take off me.
Now I have to write out all my in/out goings
nothings changed in 3000 years.
Housing Benefit want me to pay back nearly a grand because I overlooked a minor change to my employment. I have earned a consistently low wage and if I have to pay this back I cannot invest in my business This month I'm planning to build a workshop/studio space in my garden.
I have saved half the money and will borrow the rest. this investment will mean I can teach more from home and hopefully keep working in this difficult economic climate.
Writing should be uplifting and say something wise or important, not just a list of wealth/debt

my present studio is a tent 



tents aren't designed to be up continuously

the whole garden needs a lot of time and attention after so much rain.
but the willow's doing well
space cleared for workshop build

No comments:

Post a Comment