Thursday 23 February 2012

Blue Period

 Recently I have been attending Cruse counselling sessions.
Discussing mainly my Dads death last year, running up to his birthday at the end of the month.
When we will be getting together as a family, to scatter his ashes on a local walk.. For me it is a time to remember him say a final good bye and thank you. It gives me somewhere to go when I need to remember the most significant male influence so far in my life.



 Whilst grieving I have been surrounding myself with old bottles craving the blue green light. This week I felt I needed a little healing as the weekly sessions are bring up a lot of raw emotions.I decided to limit my palette to the colours I crave, and the bottles as a theme.


Gradually intense purple has taken over.I couldn't find a connection at first, then ; Purple worn by people conected with authority or religion.; Catholic Church, Confession being freed from guilt. At Cruise I have been dealing with the guilt of another significant death in my life.

I've bee craving the blue in Hockney's pool pictures




The Blue Period (Spanish: Periodo Azul) is a term used to define to the works produced by Spanish painter Pablo Picasso between 1901 and 1904, when he painted essentially monochromatic paintings in shades of blue and blue-green, only occasionally warmed by other colors. These somber works, inspired by Spain but painted in Paris, are now some of his most popular works, although he had difficulty selling them at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment