Tuesday 7 February 2012

Adventures

 Dream 2008 sale £270
 A fairly large carving made from a single piece of London plain a common street tree in Leamington Spa. the Bear or dogs head was suggested in the ordinal log. Its based on a dream of riding an enormous dog. Dogs are a regular theme in my dreams. I think the are meant to represent friends I have a lot of good friends, we go on adventures. On some adventures regretfully  and I have lost dear friends, I can only learn lessons from these and move on.( I appear to have some guilt issues round dog/friends; must work on this.)  Again my brother Matthew was my first adventuring friend, as we played in the garden and local Worcestershire countryside
I carved this piece very slowly developing the design as the wood seasoned. this process took about 5 years.
 Last great adventure 1999
A small bronze, illistrating how I felt about the state of my marriage. originally carved in plaster then cast in bronze. I sold it to a local Coventry artist Colin Dick.



No comments:

Post a Comment