Saturday 7 July 2012

Evening sessions at Trinity


I have been developing evening painting sessions at Trinity Catholic School, Leamington Spa. Very small groups of students of all ages and ability work along side me 3 nights a week.
See My page, Classes for details for September.
Still life, we all worked on a set up for learning from each other about colour and form
Acrylic on board, Helena Godwin

Old glass is a challenging but beautiful subject
Acrylic on canvas, Helena Godwin

climbing out of mud, a painted sketch from a photo
this posses the question why paint from a photo, what does the artist bring.
this sketch captures my experience of the numerous times I have been in this situation.
sketch 2


Sculpture has been my Major interest since leaning to carve in the early 1990s
I have produced some beautiful work, that I exhibit regularly, and sometimes sell. the problem is I'm very limited by lack of suitable studio (gazebos blow down) equipment and really good professional materials. so I have focused my energies in two other directions
My garden installation (see older blog posts ) and painting at Trinity.
 I have always found Sculpture very instinctive, ideas come naturally, but I have approached Painting from a more intellectual angle I've had to learn rules and do exercises to practise similar to a musician learning a 2nd instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment