Friday 6 January 2012

glass comfort blanket

When feeling very up set over dad I needed to get some form of comfort.
I found an old bottle dump that had been dug for saleable bottles. I collected loads of beautiful but common Victorian bottles. bottle collecting took me back to my childhood in Worcester when my relationship with my dad was simple and loving. since then I have wanted to make a wall or blanket out of these bottles.
I have also dreamt about digging up bottles and whole rooms of old objects many times.
I used bottles to create a wall on my work space an experiment how these bottle coupe with winter weather.
I will use this idea again in the future.

Bottle trees historically protected homes from evil spirits by trapping spirits inside the bottle, where they could do no harm. Bottle trees to ward off evil spirits originates from congo slaves moving to the southan states

WOW Must find out how to put a link in

1 comment: